Senior Electronics Engineer
STRICTLY NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES
Altertek Ltd are seeking an Senior Electronics Engineer to join the growing engineering team to create and support the design of battery management systems and supporting electronic systems for advanced Lithium-Ion battery systems.
Altertek Ltd – Overview
Altertek is a specialist niche lithium-ion battery development, integration and manufacturing company that produces battery systems for exciting applications such as motorsport, subsea, automotive and industrial.
Altertek are one of very few companies in Europe that design and manufacture high voltage batteries making demand for our services very high. We offer a complete battery solution including battery enclosure design, electronics development, embedded software development, manufacturing and testing and all to our coveted ISO9001:2015 certified integrated management system.
- Altertek operate a flexible working week based around core hours which is great for working parents, gym sessions and other hobbies and interests.
- Modern, air-conditioned facility.
- Modern powerful multiscreen PCs and equipment.
- Exciting, challenging work in a growing industry.
- Friendly team.
- Free onsite parking.
Altertek offer 30 days annual holiday including statutory bank holidays and also offer an additional 1 day’s holiday for every completed year of service up to an additional 5 days.
Position – Detailed
Altertek are currently looking to recruit a highly motivated, passionate and focused
Senior Electronics Engineer to be part of the engineering team at their facility based in Romsey, Hampshire, UK.
The role will involve the design and development of battery management systems; electronic sub systems for use in the monitoring and control of advanced lithium-ion battery systems and supporting hardware.
The successful candidate will work with highly skilled, likeminded people who are proactive and passionate about what they do in a company that is guided by core values, including: environmental, social, ethical and moral responsibility and integrity. As a result, we do not engage with products that cause deliberate harm to people or the environment.
As part of this company, the candidate will not simply be a number, you will be involved in decision making, customer interactions and helping to create exciting products in one of the world’s fastest growing industries. It is the perfect role for a creative, energetic, self-motivated engineer who is comfortable working both autonomously and as part of a small but strong and growing team.
- Develop hardware solutions to meet technical specifications.
- Create and maintain hardware design documentation and verification plans.
- Create schematic designs and PCB layouts for systems and circuits.
- Take charge of hardware testing and verification.
- Carry out design optimisation for performance, reliability, safety and cost.
- Work closely with other team members to perform hardware-software integration, system integration, system verification and product validation tasks.
- Support the creation and maintenance of technical files as new products are introduced, or existing products are changed.
- Have a detailed and thorough understanding of our own products.
- Work within with the company’s engineering processes and development guidelines.
- Provide regular reports to senior members of staff on project progress.
- A higher-education qualification in electronics engineering (or a similar relevant engineering discipline).
- Confidence in owning a design from concept through to production hand-over.
- Proven record of mixed-signal circuit design.
- Sound knowledge of analogue signal processing / filtering implementations.
- Experience of wired communications systems such as CAN bus and RS-485.
- Experience of low-power electronic system design.
- Proven ability of designing for manufacture and designing to a cost.
- Hands-on prototype manufacture, re-work and test experience.
- Ability to debug hardware issues to component level and take full responsibility in fixing hardware problems.
- Expertise in hardware-software integration.
- Excellent schematic capture and PCB layout skills.
- Highly capable in creating design verification plans and running verification testing.
- Respect for design specifications and a willingness to create, follow and maintain them.
- EMC design know-how and the ability to solve real-world EMC problems.
- Confidence to work through problems with customers and suppliers, both in-person and remotely.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience working in an ISO9001 environment.
- A degree qualification in electronics engineering (or a similar relevant engineering discipline).
- Competence and knowledge equivalent to at least 4 years’ industry experience in electronics / hardware development.
- Experience in designing / working with battery management systems.
- Experience designing / working with battery systems.
- Experience working with systems with hazardous voltages up to 1000V DC.
- Experience designing high-current solid-state DC switching circuits.
- Experience of working to functional safety standards (such as ISO26262 / EN61508).
- Experience in embedded software design (in C / C++).
- Experience using Proteus electronic design suite for schematic capture, PCB layout and circuit simulation.
- Experience using Jira Work Management (or similar) for personal workflow tracking.
- Ability to create wiring diagrams and wiring loom designs.
- Ability to use MCAD software (Solidworks preferred) to at least a basic level.
- An interest in / desire to work with electric vehicles, renewable energy systems and all sorts of exciting new technologies.
If you are interested in this position please Email: firstname.lastname@example.org and include your CV and covering letter.