Altertek Ltd are seeking a highly driven Project Manager to plan, monitor and deliver projects and production activities, as well as liaise with customers, suppliers and other team members, create quotations and assist with quality activities.
- Company pension scheme.
- Childcare voucher scheme.
- Free onsite parking.
- A 2-minute walk to Romsey train station with direct links to Eastleigh, Southampton and Salisbury.
- Free tea and coffee.
- Altertek operate a flexible working week based around core hours which is great for working parents, gym sessions and other hobbies and interests.
Altertek offer 28 days annual holiday including statutory bank holidays and also offer an additional 1 day’s holiday for every completed year of service up to an additional 5 days.
Position – Detailed
Altertek are currently looking to recruit a highly motivated, passionate and focused Project Manager to be part of the management team at their facility based in Romsey, Hampshire, UK.
The role will require liaising with customers to understand, document and communicate requirements to the engineering team, monitoring of resource usage, planning of resources, arranging of equipment and materials to support engineering and production activities and quoting of potential new projects.
The successful candidate will work with highly skilled likeminded people who are proactive and passionate about what they do in a company that is guided by core values, including: environmental, social, ethical and moral responsibility and integrity. As a result, we do not engage with products that cause deliberate harm to people or the environment.
As part of this company the candidate will not simply be a number. You will be involved in decision making, customer interactions and helping to create exciting products in one of the world’s fastest growing industries.
- Support the Engineering Manager through the planning of labour, equipment and materials to support development and production activities.
- Monitor resource usage, plot against targets and take remedial action to ensure on-time and on-quality delivery.
- Create and maintain risk and opportunity registers.
- Play an active role in team meetings, liaise with other cross-functional team members, suppliers and other interested parties throughout projects and encourage their involvement and participation.
- Create and communicate ideas and solutions, influence decisions and encourage problem solving.
- Assist the commercial team in creating quotations for potential new projects.
- Support the creation and maintenance of technical files as new products are designed, or existing products are changed.
- Provide regular reports to senior members of staff on project progress and resource budgets.
- Work with the Quality Manager to implement changes to the Integrated Management System to continually improve customer satisfaction and quality.
Minimum Essential Attributes
- At least 5 years’ industry experience in project management specifically in the field of engineering, electronics development or manufacturing.
- Experience and a thorough understanding of the commercial aspects of project management.
- Proficient in the use of day to day software packages such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Ability to work as part of a mixed-discipline team.
- ‘Self-starter’ capable of working with minimal guidance and solving problems using available resources.
Ideal Required Attributes
- Good to excellent understanding of electro mechanical engineering.
- Excellent knowledge of project management tools such as MS Project or other.
- Experience of working within an ISO9001 environment.
- Educated to degree level or similar project management qualification or have a track record in project management.
- An interest in electric vehicle / renewable energy technologies.
- Engineering workshop skills to allow participation where necessary in creating prototypes, assisting in production and allow a greater appreciation of requirements to deliver a diverse range of projects.
Personal attributes and behaviours
- Care about the environment and want to use your skills to create products that work towards helping the environment and improving the future.
- A strong personality to be able to deal with customers and team members in solving problems and making sound decisions when under pressure.
- Has a creative mind and ability to innovate.
- Has a high level of tenacity and drive.
- Has excellent problem-solving abilities and use of problem-solving tools and techniques.
- Has excellent organisational skills and is highly task focused and able to prioritise, whilst also being flexible.
- Is a good communicator interpersonal and relationship forming skills, able to communicate effectively and interact at all levels of the business.
- Has an excellent if not an obsessive attention to detail.
- Committed to actively improving own skills, knowledge, business awareness and performance through ongoing personal development.
If you are interested in this position please email us your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
We look forward to receiving your application.