Altertek Ltd are seeking a highly driven Operations Manager to plan, monitor and deliver projects and production activities, liaise with customers, suppliers, create quotations and assist with quality and health, safety and environmental activities.
Altertek Ltd – Overview
Altertek is a specialist Lithium Ion battery electronics development, integration and manufacturing company that provides outsourced design services for customers, as well as developing and manufacturing their own battery related product ranges.
Altertek work with customers in exciting applications such as Motorsport, Subsea and Automotive and is a company that is guided by core values, including: environmental, social, ethical and moral responsibility and integrity. As a result, we do not engage with products or customers that cause deliberate harm to people or the environment.
Altertek are one of very few companies in Europe that design and manufacture High Voltage batteries ensuring demand for their services is never in short supply. Altertek offer a complete battery solution including battery enclosure design, electronics development, embedded software development, manufacturing and testing and all to the coveted ISO9001:2015 accredited integrated management system.
Benefits of working for Altertek
- Company pension scheme.
- Free onsite parking.
- 2 minute walk to Romsey train station with direct links to Eastleigh, Southampton and Salisbury.
- Free tea and coffee.
- Altertek operate a flexible working week based around core hours which is great for working parents, gym sessions and other hobbies and interests.
Altertek offer 30 days annual holiday including statutory bank holidays and also offer an additional 1 days holiday for every completed year of service up to an additional 5 days.
Position – Detailed
Altertek are currently looking to recruit a highly motivated, passionate and focused Operations Manager to be part of the management team at their facility based in Romsey, Hampshire, UK.
The role will require liaising with customers to understand, document and communicate requirements to the engineering team, monitoring of resource usage, planning of resources, arranging of equipment and materials to support engineering and production activities and quoting of potential new projects.
As part of working in Altertek any team member will never be just a number. You will be involved in decision making, customer interactions and helping to create exciting products in one of the world’s fastest growing industries.
Key responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Support the Engineering Manager through the planning of labour, equipment and materials to support development and production activities.
- Monitor resource usage, plot against targets and take remedial action to ensure on-time and on-quality delivery.
- Provide regular reports to senior members of staff on project progress and resource budgets.
- Communicate with customers to keep them updated of progress, solve issues, manage change to requirements.
- Communicate with suppliers to arrange materials, communicate and monitor requirements.
- Audit and monitor suppliers and lead the resolution of non-conformances.
- Create and maintain risk and opportunity registers.
- Plan and implement new infrastructure, plant and machinery.
- Be responsible for maintenance of infrastructure, plant and machinery
- Work with the Health and Safety Manager to build a robust health and safety management system, identify and implement changes and perform risk assessments and act upon them.
- Lead forums to discuss and seek solutions to problems or identify and capitalise on opportunities.
- Assist the commercial team in creating quotations for potential new projects.
- Support the creation and maintenance of technical files as new products are designed, or existing products are changed.
- Perform quality audits and work with the Quality Manager to implement changes to the Integrated Management System to continually improve customer satisfaction and quality.
Minimum Essential Attributes
- At least 5 years’ industry experience in project or production management specifically in the field of engineering, electronics development or manufacturing.
- Experience and a thorough understanding of the commercial aspects of project management.
- Proficient in the use of day to day software packages such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project and email clients.
- Ability to work as part of a mixed-discipline team, and seek solutions by calling up on your own capabilities and those of your team.
- ‘Self-starter’ capable of working with minimal guidance and solving problems using available resources.
Ideal Required Attributes
- Good to excellent understanding of electro mechanical engineering.
- Excellent knowledge of project management tools and concepts.
- In depth knowledge and experience of working within an ISO9001 environment in a similar industry.
- In depth knowledge and experience of health and safety, implementing systems, performing risk analysis and acting accordingly relative to the risk.
- Educated to degree level or similar project management qualification or have a track record in project or production management.
- Internal quality auditor trained.
- An interest in electric vehicle / renewable energy technologies.
- Engineering workshop skills to allow participation where necessary in creating prototypes, assisting in production and allow a greater appreciation of requirements to deliver a diverse range of projects.
Personal attributes and behaviours
- Care about the environment and want to use your skills to create products that work towards helping the environment and improving the future.
- A strong personality to be able to deal with customers and team members in solving problems and making sound decisions when under pressure.
- Has a creative mind and ability to innovate.
- Has a high level of tenacity and drive.
- Has excellent problem-solving abilities and use of problem-solving tools and techniques.
- Has excellent organisational skills and is highly task focused and able to prioritise, whilst also being flexible and adapting to changes.
- Is a good communicator interpersonal and relationship forming skills, able to communicate effectively and interact at all levels of the business.
- Has an excellent if not an obsessive attention to detail.
- Committed to actively improving own skills, knowledge, business awareness and performance through ongoing personal development.
Altertek realise that this combined role has elements usually found in individual professional roles and as a result an individual may not satisfy all requirements. Therefore, if you feel you satisfy most of the requirements please apply and do not be deterred.
Please send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org and include your CV. If possible please send a covering describing relevant past experience and why you are interested in the role and strength you feel you would bring.
Please only send applications if you have the right to work in the UK.